321111A 收入图示（Earnings） - 飞出国
321111A 职业全职从业者税前周薪比例（Income Range Per Week - Before tax）
321111A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 myfuture.edu.au
What’s it like to be an Automotive Electrician?
Automotive electricians install, maintain, identify faults and repair
electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related
equipment, such as caravans, trailers, earthmoving equipment, mining
equipment, marine applications and agricultural equipment.
Automotive electricians are usually required to wear protective clothing. They
may have contact with customers.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Automotive Electrician earn an average of $972 per week.
The [average annual salary for this job is $50544 excluding super.]
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- good eyesight and normal colour vision
- good hand-eye coordination
- able to approach work in a systematic and thorough way
- able to keep up to date with technological changes
- aptitude for technical activities.
This job also involves:
Full use of hands/fingers
Use of precision or semi-precision tools or instruments or deft hand movements
are required for these occupations. Included are jobs where poor co-ordination
or incomplete use of hands or fingers may make tasks dangerous or difficult to
Good vision for detail
These jobs require you to be able to see clearly to examine items close-up. It
covers jobs where poor vision e.g. tunnel vision, could make the work place
unsafe or the job difficult to undertake, e.g. draftsperson working with
detailed drawings; checkout operator reading dockets; work requiring good
hand-eye co-ordination for working with precision or semi-precision tools.
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Skilled Trade Jobs
These jobs do not usually require completion of secondary education, however
further part-time study usually at Certificate III level, and on-the-job
training offered as an apprenticeship, is required.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of MATHEMATICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a mathematics-related subject is a
pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of an Automotive Electrician
Automotive electricians may perform the following tasks:
- work with computer-controlled engine management systems
- service, identify and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control, automatic transmission, airbags and air conditioning
- install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators and starter motors in vehicles
- install electrically operated accessories such as radios, heating or demisting equipment, air conditioners, driving lamps and anti-theft systems
- refer to circuit diagrams, and use meters and test instruments to find electrical faults
- adjust engine control systems and timing to ensure vehicles are running at peak performance
- test, recondition and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries
- repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches
- use hand tools, specialised electrical tools, instruments and machines, including drills, grinders, presses and lathes
- solder or weld when repairing electrical parts
- sell and install electrical parts and accessories
- install, repair and service air conditioning systems.