272314A 收入图示（Earnings） - 飞出国
272314A 职业全职从业者税前周薪比例（Income Range Per Week - Before tax）
272314A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 myfuture.edu.au
What’s it like to be an Art Therapist?
Art therapists work with a client or a group of clients to help them address
emotional and psychological issues through creative activities such as
drawing, painting, sculpting and collage.
Art therapists work in any area where people require assistance with achieving
a better quality of mental health. This includes psychiatric wards, prisons,
rehabilitation centres, and drug and alcohol units.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Art Therapist earn an average of $1386 per week. The
[average annual salary for this job is $72072 excluding super.]
- interested in people and human behaviour
- good problem-solving skills
- an inquisitive mind
- able to maintain confidentiality
- patient and perceptive
- good oral and written communication skills.
This job also involves:
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Jobs in this group usually require completion of a recognised Bachelor Degree,
or extensive relevant experience. Some jobs also require post-graduate study,
such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Degree.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of ART provide a useful background to
these jobs. In some cases an art-related subject is a pre-requisite for entry
to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of an Art Therapist
Art therapists may perform the following tasks:
- conduct therapeutic interviews and provide psychotherapy and counselling
- provide assessments to identify the source of problems and determine appropriate treatment
- provide follow-up services to groups and individuals for support and evaluation purposes
- build relationships with clients to support them in understanding their emotions and behaviours
- assess individuals and groups in order to identify their abilities and needs
- develop activities that may use painting, sculpting, printing and/or drawing to address a patient’s needs and concerns in a safe, nurturing environment
- maintain appropriate records of patient progress
- provide consultation and information about patient progress
- assess, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of artistic and therapeutic interactions.