331112A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
What’s it like to be a Stonemason?
Stonemasons cut and shape hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the
construction and renovation of stone structures and monumental masonry
(stonework for cemeteries).
Stonemasons often work in a noisy environment.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Stonemason earn an average of $875 per week. The [average
annual salary for this job is $45500 excluding super.]
- enjoy practical work
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- able to work at heights
- able to work with your hands
- aptitude for technical drawing and working with computers is an advantage.
This job also involves:
Dusty or polluted environment
The work environment in these jobs generally contains higher than average
levels of dust, pollen, fumes, gases or other matter which are likely to
aggravate respiratory illnesses such as asthma.
Good vision for detail
These jobs require you to be able to see clearly to examine items close-up. It
covers jobs where poor vision e.g. tunnel vision, could make the work place
unsafe or the job difficult to undertake, e.g. draftsperson working with
detailed drawings; checkout operator reading dockets; work requiring good
hand-eye co-ordination for working with precision or semi-precision tools.
Daily lifting of items over 10 kilograms, with or without the use of
mechanical aids, is a requirement of these jobs.
Mainly outdoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day outdoors, exposed to the weather. They may report
back to an office, station, depot or other central site.
The main duties and tasks involved in these jobs require daily physical
exertion, such as bending and twisting, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing,
carrying or other effort where physical fitness is required. People with
heart, back or other conditions who should avoid physical strain may wish to
avoid these jobs.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Skilled Trade Jobs
These jobs do not usually require completion of secondary education, however
further part-time study usually at Certificate III level, and on-the-job
training offered as an apprenticeship, is required.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of ART provide a useful background to
these jobs. In some cases an art-related subject is a pre-requisite for entry
to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of INDUSTRIAL ARTS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases an industrial arts-related subject is
a pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of a Stonemason
Stonemasons may perform the following tasks:
- cut and shape stone using machine or hand tools, taking into account the characteristics of the stone being used
- cut and polish granite and marble for use in construction, such as for kitchen bench tops and bathroom vanity units
- design, cut and carve monumental masonry, such as memorial tablets and bases for statues, using templates for detailed work and a variety of chisels, punches and hammers, depending on the type of stone being used
- cut lettering into stonework by marking out the letters and then cutting or chiselling them with hand-held tools or sandblasting equipment
- construct walls using stone slabs and large masonry slab blocks
- lay stone paving
- lay granite or marble floor tiles
- fix stone facades to buildings
- repair and replace stonework on old buildings, churches and monuments.