233914A 收入图示（Earnings） - 飞出国
233914A 职业全职从业者税前周薪比例（Income Range Per Week - Before tax）
233914A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 myfuture.edu.au
What’s it like to be a Civil Engineering Technologist?
Civil engineering technologists assist civil engineers in the research,
design, construction and maintenance of civil engineering projects. Typical
projects include dwellings, large buildings, railways, roads, bridges,
airports, ports and docks, dams and water supply systems.
Consulting and contracting engineering technologists often travel interstate,
and some may travel overseas. It may be necessary for some civil engineering
technologists to change residence every few years as their work takes them
from one major engineering site to another.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Civil Engineering Technologist earn an average of $1905 per
week. The [average annual salary for this job is $99060 excluding super.]
- good analytical skills and an eye for detail
- good oral and written communication skills
- aptitude for computing and design
- practical and creative
- good problem-solving skills
- able to work without supervision
- able to accept responsibility.
This job also involves:
Good vision for detail
These jobs require you to be able to see clearly to examine items close-up. It
covers jobs where poor vision e.g. tunnel vision, could make the work place
unsafe or the job difficult to undertake, e.g. draftsperson working with
detailed drawings; checkout operator reading dockets; work requiring good
hand-eye co-ordination for working with precision or semi-precision tools.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Jobs in this group usually require completion of a recognised Bachelor Degree,
or extensive relevant experience. Some jobs also require post-graduate study,
such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Degree.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of MATHEMATICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a mathematics-related subject is a
pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of PHYSICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a physics-related subject is a pre-
requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of a Civil Engineering Technologist
Civil engineering technologists may perform the following tasks:
- estimate costs and prepare specifications for materials used in civil engineering works
- assist in establishing detailed programmes for the planning of the design and construction processes
- communicate with project managers and construction workers
- organise the delivery of materials, plant machinery and equipment needed for construction
- supervise labour
- analyse and record reports on loading, labour, productivity, quality, materials and performance
- operate and programme computers to assist with calculations
- measure and test materials, processes or systems related to civil engineering works
- inspect civil engineering works, and supervise repair work and maintenance
- check to ensure that finished works are within specifications, contract terms and regulations.
Civil engineering technologists may specialise in buildings, water resources,
soils and foundations, transport or town planning.