232511A 收入图示（Earnings） - 飞出国
232511A 职业全职从业者税前周薪比例（Income Range Per Week - Before tax）
232511A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 myfuture.edu.au
What’s it like to be an Interior Designer?
Interior designers design and supervise the construction or redevelopment of
Interior design requires an understanding of building construction, lighting,
colour and furniture.
Interior designers may work individually as consultants or with a design
group. They visit clients in their homes and offices, and can often work long
hours, including evenings and weekends. They usually work for clients on an
agreed fee basis.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Interior Designer earn an average of $1239 per week. The
[average annual salary for this job is $64428 excluding super.]
- creative and artistic flair
- good at problem-solving and lateral thinking
- able to work independently or as part of a team
- good communication skills
- aptitude for technical drawing and illustration.
This job also involves:
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Para Professional Jobs
Jobs in this group usually require completion of secondary education and/or
completion of some further study of a vocational nature, such as a Diploma or
an Advanced Diploma.
Jobs in this group usually require completion of a recognised Bachelor Degree,
or extensive relevant experience. Some jobs also require post-graduate study,
such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Degree.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of ART provide a useful background to
these jobs. In some cases an art-related subject is a pre-requisite for entry
to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of INDUSTRIAL ARTS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases an industrial arts-related subject is
a pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of PHYSICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a physics-related subject is a pre-
requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of an Interior Designer
Interior designers may perform the following tasks:
- speak to clients and architects to determine clients’ needs and intentions, and to ensure safety requirements are met
- develop designs that are appropriate, functional and aesthetically pleasing
- prepare working drawings and specifications for interior construction, materials, finishes, space planning, lighting, furnishings and equipment
- estimate costs of materials, labour and time, and give estimates to clients for approval
- organise supplies and prepare detailed instructions for tradespeople
- inspect the work of suppliers and tradespeople, and maintain time, cost and quality controls
- work with specialists in technical areas concerned with fire, hydraulics, and mechanical, electrical and structural design, ensuring industry regulations are met
- prepare and administer tenders and contract documents
- re-design the interiors of old buildings and design furnishings to be made by cabinetmakers, antique furniture restorers and other tradespeople
- design exhibitions, commercial display stands or stage, film and television production sets.