232311A 收入图示（Earnings） - 飞出国
232311A 职业全职从业者税前周薪比例（Income Range Per Week - Before tax）
232311A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 myfuture.edu.au
What’s it like to be a Fashion Designer?
Fashion designers plan and develop new clothing and accessory styles by
creating original designs or by adapting fashions to suit local conditions and
trends. They fabricate sample garments based on these designs.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Fashion Designer earn an average of $1216 per week. The
[average annual salary for this job is $63232 excluding super.]
- enjoy artistic and creative activities
- creative flair and drawing ability
- good communication skills
- good colour and design sense
- good hand-eye coordination
- able to work independently or as part of a team
- good time management skills
- able to work under pressure.
This job also involves:
Full use of hands/fingers
Use of precision or semi-precision tools or instruments or deft hand movements
are required for these occupations. Included are jobs where poor co-ordination
or incomplete use of hands or fingers may make tasks dangerous or difficult to
Good vision for detail
These jobs require you to be able to see clearly to examine items close-up. It
covers jobs where poor vision e.g. tunnel vision, could make the work place
unsafe or the job difficult to undertake, e.g. draftsperson working with
detailed drawings; checkout operator reading dockets; work requiring good
hand-eye co-ordination for working with precision or semi-precision tools.
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Para Professional Jobs
Jobs in this group usually require completion of secondary education and/or
completion of some further study of a vocational nature, such as a Diploma or
an Advanced Diploma.
Jobs in this group usually require completion of a recognised Bachelor Degree,
or extensive relevant experience. Some jobs also require post-graduate study,
such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Degree.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of ART provide a useful background to
these jobs. In some cases an art-related subject is a pre-requisite for entry
to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of HOME ECONOMICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a home economics-related subject is a
pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of a Fashion Designer
Fashion designers may perform the following tasks:
- consult with clients and stakeholders to determine the objectives of the design brief and to negotiate design solutions
- illustrate concepts by producing storyboard and specification drawings
- use computers to manipulate and develop patterns and modify designs
- research and develop fabrics and accessories for production of garments
- make patterns or work closely with patternmakers to draft patterns from sketches or specification drawings
- select fabric, colour and trim, and undertake cutting and machining of sample garments
- fit samples and discuss them with management, sales and manufacturing staff
- contribute to costing estimates
- finalise specification sheets with detailed sketches and trim details
- approve final samples before they go into production
- liaise with production staff during mass production of garments and participate in quality control
- maintain an awareness of current global and local fashion trends
- control merchandising and retailing of garments.
A fashion coordinator arrange and supervise the marketing of fashion clothing
for fashion manufacturing houses, textile companies and retail stores.