312512B 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
What’s it like to be a Mechanical Engineering Technician?
Mechanical engineering technicians carry out technical support functions as
part of mechanical engineering research, design, manufacture, operations and
They may work under the direction of mechanical engineers, technologists and
associates in all stages of planning, design, maintenance and production.
Mechanical engineering associates work in offices, technical laboratories,
workshops or on site. They work in teams, usually reporting to engineers or
technologists, supervising technicians and tradespeople.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Mechanical Engineering Technician earn an average of $1869
per week. The [average annual salary for this job is $97188 excluding super.]
- enjoy technical and engineering activities
- interested in machinery design and application
- able to identify, analyse and solve problems
- good oral and written communication skills
- aptitude for computing and design
- willing to accept responsibility and supervise other people
- able to perform careful, accurate work
- able to work independently or as part of a team.
This job also involves:
Full use of hands/fingers
Use of precision or semi-precision tools or instruments or deft hand movements
are required for these occupations. Included are jobs where poor co-ordination
or incomplete use of hands or fingers may make tasks dangerous or difficult to
Good vision for detail
These jobs require you to be able to see clearly to examine items close-up. It
covers jobs where poor vision e.g. tunnel vision, could make the work place
unsafe or the job difficult to undertake, e.g. draftsperson working with
detailed drawings; checkout operator reading dockets; work requiring good
hand-eye co-ordination for working with precision or semi-precision tools.
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Skilled Trade Jobs
These jobs do not usually require completion of secondary education, however
further part-time study usually at Certificate III level, and on-the-job
training offered as an apprenticeship, is required.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of INDUSTRIAL ARTS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases an industrial arts-related subject is
a pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of MATHEMATICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a mathematics-related subject is a
pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of PHYSICS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases a physics-related subject is a pre-
requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of a Mechanical Engineering Technician
Mechanical engineering technicians may perform the following tasks:
- develop drawings in the design process for new machinery or equipment, often using computer-dided design (CAD) or drafting software
- design precision equipment, machine tools and production machinery
- assemble and install new or altered mechanical equipment, parts, machine tools and controls
- help construct, maintain and repair engineering machinery
- perform workshop and field tests using standard instruments and methods, and assist in developing quality control tests for products and parts
- study material handling methods and suggest changes to reduce handling costs.
Mechanical engineering technicians can specialise as boiler testing
technicians, hydraulic control technicians, mechanical detail drafters,
mechanical engineering drafters, pipe testing technicians or tool design