- a 隐私专员的作用包括但不限于下列列出的：
- i 调查投诉，那些涉及到干涉个人隐私的，包括withholding 个人信息等；
- ii 促进对于隐私法则的理解和接受；
- iii 检查政府部门的立法案和政策法规等(可能会影响个人隐私等)；
- iv 检查独特标识的使用，并将结果和建议汇报给总理事；
- v 对于影响个人或者集体隐私的事务进行公开的声明；
- vi 如果个人隐私受到侵犯，需要调查问题；
- b 调查之后，如果隐私专员接受了物质影响：
- i 应该保证安全的解决双方之间的问题；
- ii 如果不能保证安全的解决或者有所保障，可以将此事向诉讼专员咨询是否需要进行处理；
A10.1 Privacy Act 1993
- a.The functions of the Privacy Commissioner include, but are not limited to the following:
- i.investigate complaints that any action is or appears to be an interference with the privacy of an individual, including the withholding of personal information
- ii.promote an understanding and acceptance of the privacy principles
- iii.examine any proposed legislation or policy of the Government that may affect the privacy of individuals
- iv.monitor the use of unique identifiers and report the results and recommendations to the Prime Minister
- v.make public statements in relation to any matter affecting the privacy of the individual or any class of individuals
- vi.enquire generally into any matter if it appears that the privacy of the individual may be infringed.
- b.After investigation, if the complaint has substance the Privacy Commissioner shall:
- i.endeavour to secure a settlement between the parties and if necessary a satisfactory assurance against the repetition of any action that was the subject of the investigation; or
- ii.if a settlement or an assurance is unable to be secured, may refer the matter to the Proceedings Commissioner to decide whether proceedings should be instituted with the Complaints Review Tribunal against the person against whom the complaint was made.
A10.5 Enquiries relating to Privacy Commissioner’s investigations
If a person enquires about an investigation that the Privacy Commissioner is currently conducting (following a complaint under the Privacy Act 1993) they must be advised to approach the Office of the Privacy Commissioner about the matter
A 10.10 隐私专员做出回应的procedures
- a 方案小组负责处理隐私专员给出的回应，关于1993年隐私法案下的投诉；
- b 隐私专员需要参照其他处理案件的办公室，投诉和解决方案的团队或者国家办公室等；
A10.10 Procedures relating to correspondence from the Privacy Commissioner
- a.The Resolutions team is responsible for answering most correspondence from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner about complaints made under the Privacy Act 1993.
- b.Any other office approached about a case that is the subject of a Privacy Commissioner’s investigation must refer details to the Immigration Manager, Complaints and Solutions Team, National Office.