看一个拒绝写推荐信的样本

这个移民中用不到,但可以参考一下怎么拒绝。

Recommendation 10: Employment - Refusal to Write

September 10, 2014

Miranda Rasmussen
429-A Central Ave.
Cincinatti, OH, 45202

Dear Miranda:

Suzanne Trimble told me that you had called wondering if I would provide you with a letter of recommendation for a new position you are applying for.

I thank you for the honor, but after some consideration, I’m afraid I will have to decline to write you a letter. Believe me, it is nothing personal. As far as I know, your relatively brief stay with our company was a productive one for you and a pleasant one for your colleagues.

However, since you didn’t report to me directly, I don’t feel that I know you or your work well enough to be able to make a recommendation one way or another. I would suggest that you request a letter from Angela Goodall since she was your boss for your final six months with the company. Perhaps you have already done so.

Angela would be in a much better position to provide a fair assessment of your work performance during your stay with us. I’m sure she would be agreeable to writing you a letter.

Of course, if you are simply looking for someone to confirm your term of employment here, and your salary level, I suggest you ask Roger Simmons, the Director of Human Resources. I’m sure
that his staff could get something like that out to you in a hurry.

I wish you the very best in the future.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Thomas
President and CEO

cc: Angela Goodall, Director of Marketing