Reference 8: Employment - Software Support

September 25, 2014

[Recipient address- Line 1]
[Recipient address- Line 2]
[Recipient address- Line 3]
[Recipient address- Line 4]

To Whom It May Concern:

Letter of Reference for Ron Jackson

I am pleased to respond to Ron Jackson’s request for a letter of reference.

Ron Jackson worked for my firm, McNaughton, O’Brien, Peyton and Associates, Inc. (MOPA) for the period April 2003 to August 2006. The firm provides a method for hedging institutional portfolios against downside risk. Its principal clients are pension funds and large investment management firms; its product is delivered through a time-sharing system using MOPA’s proprietary software.

Ron Jackson’s primary responsibility was the operation and development of our software modules. Those tasks were made particularly difficult by the fact that our programs are written in an older, not widely understood computer language known as APL . In addition the programs were not properly documented. Starting from scratch and on his own, Ron quickly studied and learned about our product and the software that supports it. He showed outstanding diligence in responding to our client’s requests for simulations and other applications of the programs. Over the 14 months he was with us he was able to attain a high level of expertise in programming APL which allowed him to make critical changes to the code in order to accommodate many of our clients. He also managed to document our software in such a way that others could easily take over his duties whenever he left.

In short, I believe Ron Jackson has the talent, willingness and ability to be a highly productive staff member in the area of software design, development and application. He has a pleasing personality and I expect he will continue to be successful in future work.

Sincerely,

Manfred Peyton
Director, MOPA