新西兰居民配偶开放工签 Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa
This visa will allow you to join your partner in New Zealand. You’ll be able to get a job, and in your free time, enjoy New Zealand’s scenery, adventure, culture and friendly people.
Overview - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa - flyabroad
- 2 years, if you’ve been living with your partner for more than 12 months, or
- 1 year, if you’ve been living with your partner for less than 12 months.
With this visa you can - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa - flyabroad
- Come to New Zealand with your partner.
- Work in New Zealand.
- Study for up to 3 months.
Things to note - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa - flyabroad
- You don’t need to have a New Zealand job offer to apply.
- You can’t include dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
Your partner’s immigration status - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa - flyabroad
Your partner must be a New Zealand citizen or resident
Your partner must provide one of the following:
- a New Zealand passport
- a New Zealand birth certificate
- a certificate of New Zealand citizenship
- a New Zealand residence class visa.
If your partner is a New Zealand resident because of their citizenship or residence status in Australia, they may provide their Australian passport, permanent residence or resident return visa.
Eligible NZ supporting partner - Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa - flyabroad
Your partner must support your work visa application, and be eligible to support a partnership-based resident visa application within 12 months
To be eligible to support a partnership based resident visa application, your partner must not:
- have supported a successful resident visa application for more than one previous partner
- have supported a successful resident visa application for a previous partner within the last 5 years
- have included a previous partner in their own successful residence application, within the last 5 years
- have themselves been included as a partner in a successful residence application, within the last 5 years
- be liable for deportation, or have their deportation liability suspended.
Your partner must complete a ‘Partnership support form for Residence/temporary entry’ as evidence of their support’.
New Zealand citizens and residents can support only 1 partner for residence in a 5 year period, and support only 2 partners for residence in total.
If your partner can’t support you for residence now, but will be able to within 12 months, they can still support your work or visitor visa now.
You can read more about residence in the ‘Self-Assessment Guide for Residence in New Zealand’.