Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector Visa 外交或国防部签证（576 Visa)
1.针对人群(Who could get this visa)
for international students who are sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Department of Defence to study a full-time course of any type in Australia
- apply for your first student visa
- apply for a subsequent student visa
- apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa
全日制学习（In Full Time Study)
真实临时入境要求（Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement）
Need to provide：
- your personal circumstances in your home country
- your potential circumstances in Australia
- the value of the course to your future
- your immigration history
- other relevent matter
Prove that you have a stable source of income
(Acceptable sources of income:Money deposits held in a bank account;A loan from an approved financial institution;A loan from your government;Financial support from your education provider or another organisation.)
Note：Non-cash assets such as property and shares are not acceptable evidence of income.
Before your application,you should do the health examination.The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
If you have the letter of from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Department of Defence stating that you are an unaccompanied student sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Department of Defence, you do not need Overseas Student Health Cover.
英语语言技能（English Language Skills）
Your education provider will advise you of the level of English you require and the evidence you must provide. (Note:If your education provider requires that you complete English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students, you may study a maximum of 30 weeks of ELICOS before starting your main course.
学习成绩和过程（Academic Record and History）
- applying for your first student visa, your education provider will advise you of the academic qualifications you require and the evidence you must provide
- applying for a subsequent student visa, you must provide academic transcripts，records of attendance，a letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Department of Defence
without any criminal convictions in any country
债务（Debts to the Australian Government）
Without any outstanding debts to the Australian Government repaied any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.
Note：Students under 18 years of age need parental permission,bringing a student guardian, Australian Values Statement.
Applicants must declare all family members on your application and provide proof of your relationship to each family member such as officially issued birth and marriage certificates.
Your family members, who want to stay in Australia temporarily, must meet the specific visa requirements to be eligible for this visa as student dependants. The requirements are genuine temporary entrant requirement,Health requirements,Health insurance,Character requirements,Australian Values Statement.
In the majority of cases， the visa application charge for subclass 576 is nil.In certain rare circumstances, a secondary applicant may be required to pay a visa application charge.
You must apply for your visa at least two weeks, before the beginning of your course.
The validity time of visa is the study time of applicants in Australia.Foreign Affairs/Defence students will generally be granted a visa in accordance with the date recommended by Foreign Affairs/Defence. If no date has been recommended by Foreign Affairs/Defence, the visa will be granted to one month after the course end date indicated on the Foreign Affairs/Defence letter of support.
You can apply by post or in person.A family member can apply for a dependant student visa by post or in person on the same application as the student.（Note:You must visit a departmental office to submit your letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Department of Defence.）
Applying in Australia：
Students in Western Australia and the Northern Territory can lodge your application in Perth office in Western AUstrialia
Students in South Australia and Queensland can lodge your application in Adelaide office in South Australia
Students in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory can lodge your application in Sydeney in New South Wales
Students in Victoria and Tasmania can lodge your application in Melbourn office in Victoria
Applying outside Australia:
Students in China，Pakistan，Afghanistan，New Zealand can lodge your application in Adelaide office in South Australia.(Note:Citizens of PRC can apply online through a migration agent)
In Australia, students and family members must perform the relevant obligations, otherwise the visa will be cancelled
出勤率（Course enrolment and attendance）
You must remain enrolled in a full-time registered course.
You must have satisfactory academic results for each term or semester of your course.The definition of ‘satisfactory’ is determined by your education provider.
提供你的家庭住址(Providing your home address)
You must advise your education provider of your home address within seven days of arriving in Australia. If you change your address during your stay in Australia, you must advise your education provider within seven days.
Note:Your education provider needs your home address so they can contact you if you do not satisfy the requirements of your course. If they cannot contact you, this could result in your student visa being cancelled.
18周岁以下学生(Students Under 18 years of age)
If you are under 18 years of age you must have written approval to change your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements. If your parents/legal custodian approved your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements, you must have their written approval to change these arrangements.
If your education provider approved your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements, you must have the education provider’s written approval to change these arrangements.
You must maintain enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia.
在学龄阶段的家庭成员(School age family members)
Any family members of school age must attend school in Australia.
You must maintain health insurance for you and your family members while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.
Your dependant family members must maintain their visa conditions. A breach of these conditions may result in your visa being cancelled and you may have to leave Australia.
Your family members must:
- remain a member of your family for the duration of their stay in Australia
- have adequate financial support
- maintain adequate health cover
- not work more than 40 hours per fortnight, unless you have commenced a postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD), in which case your dependent family members can work unlimited hours
- not work before you have commenced the course
- attend school if you fanmily members are of school age
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that your family members meet the above conditions.
不能延期停留（No Further Stay)
- a student visa with permission to work
- a student visa that is supported by a sponsoring government agency
- a Student Guardian visa
- a visa to engage Australia’s protection obligations
- you can study in Australia until the end of your course.
- eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia
- when you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you and your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight
- your family members can work unlimited hours provided you have commenced a masters or doctorate course.