- a 当进行面试时候，申请人不能理解面试官的问题或英语水平很差的时候，移民官可能要求翻译人员的辅助，
- b 面试官提前了解申请人的情况，需要尽早安排翻译人员；
A14.1 Situations requiring an interpreter
- a.An immigration officer may require the assistance of an interpreter when interviewing a person who is unable to understand the questions fully and give adequate answers in English.
- b.If an immigration officer is aware that such a situation may arise, they must make arrangements to obtain an interpreter before the interview.
- a 面试官可能选择对面试流程和面试问题了解并能够回答的staffmember，或者值得信任的第三方翻译者；
- b 家庭成员，朋友和随同的代理机构不能够流利的说英语，面试官不应该选择这些人，可能这些人会处于利益在翻译中不诚实：
- i 提供错误的翻译；
- ii 给予面试官自己的意见个回答，而不是申请人本身的意见；
- iii 可能改变申请人的回答；
A14.5 Suitability of interpreters
- a.An immigration officer may use a staff member who understands and communicates in the interviewee’s language, or a third party interpreter in whom they have confidence.
- b.If family members, friends or agents accompany interviewees who do not speak English fluently to an interview, an immigration officer should not use these people as interpreters, because they may have an interest in the outcome of the application and therefore may:
- i.provide an incorrect translation; or
- ii.give their own answers and ask their own questions rather than those of the applicant; or
- iii.seek to influence the applicant’s responses.
- a 如果申请人不能如期参加面试，但是已经准备了翻译人员，新西兰移民局会支付给翻译人员相应的费用且会重新安排面试。
- b 一般移民局会以书面形式通知二次面试的日期和具体时间，如果没能如期参加面试又没有通知移民局，这样的情况费用由申请人出具；
A14.10 Interpreters’ fees
- a.If an applicant fails to attend a formal interview for which an interpreter has been obtained, INZ will pay the interpreter fee and arrange a new interview.
- b.The applicant will be notified in writing of the date and time of the second interview and that if they fail to attend without notifying INZ, they may be charged the cost of the interpreter.
When arranging an interview, INZ must communicate the rules and choices on interpreters to the applicant in writing.