- a 增加公众了解官方信息的机会；
- i 保证更多的公众参与到法律和政策的制定中来；
- ii 促进公平；
- b 予以更多人的机会；
- c 保护公众利益和个人隐私安全；
A8.1 Objectives of the Official Information Act 1982
The purposes of the Official Information Act 1982 are:
- a.to increase public access to official information to
- i.enable more effective participation in the making of laws and policies; and
- ii.promote the accountability of Ministers and officials;
- b.to give persons access to official information about them; and
- c.at the same time to protect the public interest and safeguard personal privacy.
A8.5 Department of Labour Official Information Act Policy
The information contained in these instructions does not replace the Department’s Official Information Policy. Any request for information should be processed under that policy, which is available on the Department’s website www.dol.govt.nz.
A8.10 The principle of availability
All official information must be made available unless there is good reason under the Act to withhold it.
A8.15 Who may make a request under the Official Information Act
Requests for official information may only be made by:
- a.a New Zealand citizen; or
- b.a permanent resident of New Zealand (as defined under the Official Information Act 1982); or
- c.a person who is currently in New Zealand; or
- d.a body corporate incorporated in New Zealand; or
- e.a body corporate incorporated outside New Zealand that has a place of business in New Zealand.
A8.20 Reasonable assistance
Reasonable assistance must be given to the person making a request. This may involve telephoning or writing to the requestor to clarify what information is being sought.
A8.25 Conditions for releasing information
Before releasing information, immigration officers must be satisfied that:
- a.the person making the request is eligible to receive that information; and
- b.the information does not contain any material that should be withheld.
A8.30 Transferring requests
If the information is held by another Department or organisation, or more closely related to another department’s functions, the request must be transferred promptly but not later than 10 working days, and the requestor informed in writing.
**A8.35 时间规定 **
- a 要求的信息需要在收到请求的20个工作日予以回应；
- b 如果申请人对信息有紧急要求，需要给出紧急的理由，会被紧急处理；
- c 如下情况的话，可以不要求限制时间：
- i 对大量官方信息的要求；
- ii 需要通过大量信息进行调查；
- iii 符合原始的时间限制，不会影响新西兰移民局的事务；
- iv 过多的咨询可以免除时间限制；
A8.35 Time limits
- a.Requests for information must be responded to as soon as reasonably practicable but no later than 20 working days from the date the request is received.
- b.If the person makes an urgent request for information, they must give reasons for requesting urgency and this must be taken into consideration when responding to the request.
- c.The time limit may be extended once only in the following circumstances:
- i.the request is for a large quantity of official information; or
- ii.the request requires a search through a large quantity of information; or
- iii.meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with INZ operations; or
- iv.extensive consultations are necessary to make a decision on the request.
- d.If an extension of time is notified for one of the above reasons, the person requesting the information must be advised of the right to complain to an Ombudsman about the extension.
A 8.40.1 与新西兰移民局客户有关的信息
- a 距离客户最近的机构一般会处理申请人的要求，或者有未决定的签证或者申请，机构可以进行相关处理；
- b 相关机构包括所有新西兰移民局的分支，MFAT post，Archives,Online,National Office等；
- c 如果要求转移到另一个机构进行处理，可以AMS或者传真材料给相关的机构，时间以新西兰接到请求的时间为准。
- d 第三方不能处理相应的请求，然而，第三方可以提供新西兰移民局请求材料，处于对难民或者某些保护协议，只提供关于决定的复印件；
A8.40 Which Branch responds to the request?
A8.40.1 Information relating to INZ clients
- a.The branch nearest to where the client lives will normally process the information request, or if there is an undecided visa or compliance application, the branch that is processing that application.
- b.The processing branch must obtain all INZ physical and electronic files and information whether these are at other branches, MFAT posts, Archives, Online, National Office, or temporarily with the Tribunal pending the outcome of an appeal.
- c.If a request has to be forwarded to another branch (because the client lives in that area or there is an undecided visa or compliance action), lodge the request on AMS and fax a copy to the relevant branch. Remember, the time starts from the date the request is received by INZ so forward the request promptly. Advise the requestor of the branch you have sent it to. Transfer any physical/electronic files.
- d.The Tribunal does not process requests for information held on INZ files. However, the Tribunal is required to provide INZ with a copy of the appeal and decision, and these should be on the relevant INZ file. With respect to refugee or protection decisions, only a copy of the decision is required to be provided.
A8.40.5 All other information
The branch that holds the information or knows most about the information will respond to the request. For instance, if the information relates to refugee or protection status, the Refugee and Protection Branch will respond. If the request is for information relating to policy development or policy papers, National Office will respond.
- a 信息披露的形式需要按照申请人的要求，除非：
- i 损害政府；
- ii 违背法律；
- iii 与官方信息法案相互违背；
- b 一般情况下，新西兰移民局提供：
- i 要求信息的复印件，包括AMS相关打印的资料；
- ii 提供恰当的机会解释文件，或者记录复核信息；
- iii 对信息的总结；
A8.45 Form in which the information may be released
- a.Information should be provided in the way preferred by the individual requesting it unless to do so would
- i.impair efficient administration; or
- ii.be contrary to any legal duty of the agency in respect of the document; or
- iii.prejudice the interests protected by the withholding provisions of the Official Information Act.
- b.Normally, INZ provides:
- i.a photocopy of the information requested, including a print of the relevant AMS screens ‘copied and pasted’ onto a Word document (a copy of this must also be placed on the physical file so it is clear what has been released); or
- ii.a reasonable opportunity to inspect documents, or listen to or view recordings; or
- iii.an excerpt or summary of the information, if some information is being withheld or deleted from a document.
A8.50 Withholding information 的指南
- a withholding information的理由包括但不限于：
- i 信息披露可能会违背法律；
- ii 保护自然人的隐私法案很有必要；
- iii 保持法律的专业特权是非常必要的；
- iv 信息披露影响新西兰安全防御或者新西兰政府在国际上的关系等；
- v 信息披露可能影响其他政府或者各种组织对新西兰政府的信任问题；
- vi 保护信息很必要；
- vii .the document alleged to contain the information does not exist or cannot be found (this can only be used after a thorough, fully documented search has been made); or
- viii 信息披露可能会危害某些人的安全；
- ix 信息披露将构成法院对众议院的蔑视；
- b 某些官方信息排除披露的可能，隐私专员办公室或者新西兰移民局办公室，申诉法案，官方信息法案或者隐私法案等；
A8.50 Guidelines for withholding information
a.The reasons for withholding information include (but are not limited to):
- i.release would be likely to prejudice the maintenance of the law, including preventing, investigating and detecting offences, and the right to a fair trial (this includes information that would be likely to identify informants, or restricted information in INZ Operational Manual such as risk profiles); or
- ii.it is necessary to protect the privacy of natural persons, and this is not outweighed by other considerations which render it desirable, in the public interest, to make that information available; or
- iii.it is necessary to maintain legal professional privilege (the confidentiality of dealings between client and lawyer, including requests for legal advice, the advice itself, any reference to the legal advice) and this is not outweighed by other considerations which render it desirable, in the public interest, to make that information available; or
- iv.release would be likely to prejudice New Zealand’s security or defence or the international relations of the New Zealand Government; or
- v.release would be likely to prejudice the entrusting of confidential information to the New Zealand Government by other governments or international organisations (it MAY be possible to release a summary of the information but withhold the identity of the source); or
- vi.it is necessary to protect the information as release would disclose a trade secret or would be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person supplying or who is the subject of the information; and this is not outweighed by other considerations which render it desirable, in the public interest, to make that information available; or
- vii.the document alleged to contain the information does not exist or cannot be found (this can only be used after a thorough, fully documented search has been made); or
- viii.release would be likely to endanger the safety of any person (based on the past behaviour of the person likely to cause the danger); or
- ix.release would constitute contempt of court or of the House of Representatives (for example, where a court has made an order prohibiting publication of a person’s name or other details).
- b. Certain official information is also excluded from disclosure such as information contained in any communication between the Office of the Ombudsmen and INZ, or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and INZ relating to any investigation under the Ombudsmen Act, the Official Information Act or the Privacy Act.
A 8.55 新西兰警察局信息的披露
- a 标准新西兰警察局信息可能被披露；
- b 新西兰警局的信息或者国际刑事警察组织的信息，再未和隐私专员商讨的情况下不得披露；
- c 要求可以转移到新西兰警局；
A8.55 Release of information originating from the New Zealand Police
- a.Standard New Zealand Police certificates may be released.
- b.Any other information originating from the New Zealand Police or from Interpol should not be released without consultation with Privacy Officer,Police National Headquarters Box 3017，Wellington
- c.Alternatively, the request may be transferred to the New Zealand Police at National Headquarters.
- a 信息withheld的理由需要给出，参照法案合适的部分；
- b 请求者需要了解进行调查的权利，写信给隐私专员进行咨询等；
A8.60 Reasons for refusal to be given and right of complaint to the Ombudsmen
If information is withheld:
- a.the reasons why that information has been withheld must be given, with reference to the appropriate section of the Act (a copy of the withheld information must be placed in an envelope and put on the physical file); and
- b.the requestor must also be advised of the right to seek an investigation and review of the refusal by writing to the Ombudsman.
A8.65 Right to request correction of information
In all responses to requests by persons under section 24 of the Official Information Act for personal information (regardless of whether information has been withheld) the requestor must be advised of the right under section 26 to request correction of personal information; and to request that a notation be attached to the information indicating the nature of any correction requested but not made.
b 1994年税法下的17节予以inlan revenue官员相似的权利；
c 书面形式做出要求，陈述相关statutory authority;
A8.70 Requests for information by other Government departments
- a.Some Government agencies are entitled to request information under relevant legislation. For example, under section 11 of the Social Security Act 1964 Work and Income (Ministry of Social Development) may, by notice in writing, require any person (including any person who is an officer or employee in the service of the Crown in a Government department or public body other than as an officer of a Court) to provide Work and Income (Ministry of Social Development) or a specified employee of theirs with such information as the Director General requires.
- b.Section 17 of the Tax Administration Act 1994 gives similar power to officers of the Inland Revenue.
- c.Requests must always be made in writing and must detail the relevant statutory authority.
A 8.75 2009年移民法案305部分，海外信息的披露
- a 明确接受信息的机构，主体或者个人；
- b 明确被披露的信息，是否符合206(1) 部分；
- c 与当前的机构是否有协议，是否适合这样的情况；
- d 没有适用的协议的情况下，考虑是否有可以发展的协议；
- e e.If the information is to be disclosed on a “one-off” basis check that the disclosure is carried out strictly in accordance with the requirements of section 305(7) and (8).
A8.75 Disclosure of information overseas under section 305 of the Immigration Act 2009
When releasing information overseas under section 305 the following steps are to be considered:
- a.Identify the agency, body or person that is to receive the information.
- b.Identify the information to be disclosed. Does it all come within section 306(1)?
- c.Is there an existing agreement with this agency, body or person? Does it apply in the circumstances?
- d.If no agreement applies, consider whether an agreement should be developed.
- e.If the information is to be disclosed on a “one-off” basis check that the disclosure is carried out strictly in accordance with the requirements of section 305(7) and (8).
- a 议会成员也可能和其他人一样，向新西兰移民局要求信息，一般这样的情况会有标准的处理方式；
- b MP可能免除费用，信息合理使用的情况下；
A8.80 Requests from Members of Parliament
- a.A Member of Parliament (MP) may request official information from INZ like any other person, and in most cases such requests will be dealt with under standard procedures.
- b.An MP may be exempted from charges for information if that information is likely to be used in the reasonable exercise of their democratic responsibilities as MP and not for private political purposes.
- a 咨询关于政策的相关信息，新西兰移民局需要咨询移民议员是否能够披露这些信息：
- i 如果是极端的案例；
- ii 敏感的信息；
- iii 信息包含来自新西兰移民议员的建议；
- b 以下情况，信息会被寄到议员：
- i 详细陈述要求的信息；
- ii 表明新西兰移民局建议；(信息披露；信息披露的条件；withhold 信息；引用官方信息法案中的章节等；)
A8.85 Consulting the Minister regarding policy information
- a.In requests for policy related information, INZ should consult the Minister of Immigration about whether or not to release the information:
- i.if it is a marginal case; or
- ii.if the information is sensitive; or
- iii.if the information contains advice to the Minister from INZ.
- b.In such cases, a submission should be sent to the Minister, which:
- i.details the information requested; and
- ii.advises that INZ proposes to (as appropriate):
- oconditional release; or
- owithhold the information; and
- iii.quotes the relevant reference in the Official Information Act.
A 8.90 提供官方信息的费用
- a 新西兰移民局根据司法部2002年3月18日建立的政府指南。表明了新西兰官方信息法案的合理的费用要求；
- b 每小时新币38，超过1小时的免费。适用所有处理要求的staff，不分资历和等级等：
- i 寻找指引；
- ii 查找并提取信息；
- iii 了解并审核信息；
- iv 转录并编译总结等；
- v 监督信息的使用权，包括监督请求者信息是否被复审；
- vi 收集并备份信息；
- c 信息备份约每页20分，超过20页后的免费；
- d 其他费用：
- i 电脑或者其他相关工具制作文件；
- ii 制作短片，录像资料记录等；
- iii 安排申请人听或者看相关记录；
- iv 提供地图的复印件，计划或者其他大于A4尺寸的文件；
- v 大型包装设计；
- vi 邮递服务；
- vii 检索离线信息；
- viii 提供相应的商业信息；
- e 费用包括GST信息；
- f 关于一个主题的要求被重复，第一个请求会被要求付费；
- g 时间和材料差一点达到收费标准的，移民官会用灵活判断是否进行收费，收多少等等；
A8.90 Charges for providing Official Information
- a. INZ follows the Government guidelines set out in the Ministry of Justice guidelines dated 18 March 2002. The guidelines represent what are regarded as reasonable charges for the purposes of the Official Information Act.
- b.Staff time is charged at NZ$38 per half hour or part thereof, after the first hour which is free. The rate applies to all staff dealing with requests, irrespective of seniority or grade. Staff time includes:
- i.searching indexes;
- ii.locating and extracting information (but not if the information is not where it should be);
- iii.reading or reviewing information (but not deciding whether to release information);
- iv.transcribing, including compiling excerpts or summaries;
- v.supervising access to the information, including supervising the requestor if the information is being viewed;
- vi.collating and photocopy information.
- c.Photocopies are provided at 20 cents per page after the first 20 pages which are free.
- d.Other actual costs such as:
- i.producing a document by computer or other such equipment;
- ii.reproducing a film, video or audio recording;
- iii.arranging for the applicant to hear or view an audio or visual recording;
- iv.providing a copy of any map, plan or other document larger than A4 or foolscap size;
- v.posting large packages;
- vi.courier services;
- vii.retrieval of information off-site;
- viii.producing or supplying commercially valuable information.
- e.The charges include GST.
- f.If repeated requests are made about a common subject over a period of up to 8 weeks, all but the first request should be combined for charging purposes.
- g.If time and materials exceed by only a small amount the threshold for supplying the information without charge, immigration officers must use their discretion to decide whether any charge should be made, and if so, how much.
- a 存款的要求
- i 如果收费每个小时多余76；
- ii 提供相同的付费保证避免资源浪费；
- b 决定信息披露之后，要求存款；
- c 申请人需要被通知：
- i 要求存款的数量；
- ii 计算收费的方式；
- iii 最终计费的总数量；
- d 收到费用之前需要按照要求进行；
- e 未使用的存款应该即时退还给申请人；
- a.A deposit may be required:
- i.if the charge is likely to be more than $76 (an hour of chargeable staff time); or
- ii.to provide some assurance of payment to avoid wasting resources.
- b.A deposit may only be requested after a decision has been made to release the information.
- c.The applicant must be notified of:
- i.amount of deposit required; and
- ii.method of calculating the charge; and
- iii.expected final amount to be paid.
- d.Work on the request may be suspended until the deposit is received.
- e.The unused part of any deposit should be refunded immediately to the applicant with a statement detailing how the rest was spent.
- a 新西兰移民局可能在推广，修改完善付费的标准；
- b 在费用赦免或者减少之前，每个人的要求的情况都需要被考虑；
A8.90.5 Waiving or reducing charges
- a.INZ may, at its discretion, modify or waive the requirement to pay any charge.
- b.Before a decision on waiving or reducing charges is made, the circumstances of each individual request must be considered.
- a 专员可能会调查或者审核关于费用的决定；
- b 申请人有向专员申诉的权利(得到费用通知之后)；
- c 移民官员一定记录所有包含的花费，通知申请人计费方式以及最终的费用等；
A8.90.10 Review of decisions on charges
- a.The Ombudsman may investigate and review any decision on charging for an official information request (see A9.10).
- b.Applicants must be informed of their right of appeal to the Ombudsman when they are notified of the charge.
- c.Immigration officers must record all costs involved, as well as the fact that an applicant liable for payment has been notified of how the charge was calculated.
A8.90.15 Members of Parliament or political parties
Requests from Members of Parliament may be exempt from charges for official information provided for their own use. This discretion may be extended to cover political party parliamentary research units when the request for official information has the endorsement of an MP. In exercising this discretion it is appropriate to consider whether remission of charges would be consistent with the need to provide more open access to official information for MPs in terms of the reasonable exercise of their democratic responsibilities. However if large or costly requests are received from this source, officers should clarify, and where possible, narrow the request.
Accordingly, the amount of time and resources taken to provide the information requested should be taken into account as a reasonable charge may be appropriate. Assistance from Legal Services should be sought if clarification is needed.