- Health 健康
- Education 教育
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) ICT
- Infrastructure 基建
- Agriculture 农业
Important Update: NSW will focus on priority sectors rather than skilled occupation lists
To better address the evolving skills shortages across the state, NSW is shifting from publishing a list of eligible ANZSCO unit groups to a new sector-focused approach.
Previously, we published a skills list comprised of specific ANZSCO unit groups. Effective immediately, we’re now focusing on priority sectors that need skilled talent.
NSW Target Sectors
The sectors we’ve identified align closely with the skills shortages in NSW and include:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Although our focus this program year is on key sectors, high-ranking EOIs submitted in non-priority sectors may also be considered; however, due to the exceptionally high demand and limited places, we strongly recommend anyone considering NSW nomination to also explore all other migration options available to them.
Skilled Invitation Rounds
Invitation rounds are an important part of the NSW nomination process. Here is what you need to know:
- Timing: Invitation rounds will continue to occur throughout the financial year. There are no predetermined or publicly announced dates for invitation rounds.
- Selection: NSW considers multiple factors when selecting EOIs. These include your points score, English language proficiency, and your skilled work experience. We will prioritise EOIs submitted in NSW Priority Sectors identified above.
- Invitation: Invitation for NSW nomination is at the sole discretion of the NSW Government.
- Submission Date: The date you submit or amend your SkillSelect EOI has no impact on your likelihood of being invited.
We intend to commence invitation rounds for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) next week.
Supporting Regional Development
Regional development remains a priority for NSW. Our regional skilled migration program is designed to help businesses in regional NSW attract qualified talent. Information about the program’s reopening will be made available after we have finalised all applications from the previous financial year.