Are there activities for which a study permit is not required?
Yes, there are courses that do not require a study permit. Generally, a study permit is not required for:
- attending preschool;
- completing a distance learning program;
- following audit courses (where a student is permitted to attend an academic course without obtaining credits);
- taking courses included in tour packages as a secondary activity for tourists;
- taking a course which is not academic, professional or vocational in nature that is of general interest and can be completed within the period authorized upon entry to Canada;
- taking a course or a program of study which is six months or less that can be completed within the period authorized upon entry into Canada.