阿省省提名后的工签延期 Extend your work permit - AINP
飞出国：获得阿省省提名并且已经提交加拿大联邦签证申请并收到 AOR 后可以通过4种方式延期工签：
- 申请基于 LMIA 的封闭工签
- 申请基于豁免 LMIA 类型的封闭工签
- 申请开放式桥梁工签 Bridging Open Work Permit
- 申请基于省提名的支持信类别 Letter of Support
Extend your work permit - AINP
AINP nominees must apply to IRCC for a work permit renewal if their current work permit will expire before the permanent residence application is finalized.
An AINP nomination is not an automatic work permit renewal. It is very important to not let your work permit expire.
There are 4 ways that AINP nominees can apply to IRCC for a work permit renewal.
The AINP recommends that you first explore option 1, 2 or 3.
Option 1 - AINP Extend your work permit flyabroad
Renew your work permit with a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from your Alberta employer.
If your Alberta employer has a new LMIA, you can apply to IRCC for a work permit renewal.
Make sure you include a copy of the LMIA.
Option 2 - AINP Extend your work permit flyabroad
Renew your work permit based on an LMIA exemption as determined by IRCC.
Option 3 - AINP Extend your work permit flyabroad
Renew your work permit by applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit. This option is available to all AINP nominees in all streams and categories who have applied for permanent residence to IRCC and have:
- an IRCC file number
- an Acknowledgement of Receipt
- a current, valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
Follow these steps when applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit:
- include a copy of your AINP nomination when you apply
- include a copy of your Acknowledgement of Receipt from IRCC with your IRCC file number
- select “Open Work Permit” on the IRCC application form to extend your work permit where it asks “What type of work permit are you applying for?”
- pay all fees. Including the additional $100 fee for an open work permit
Option 4 – only recommended if options 1, 2, and 3 are not possible
204© Letter of Support - AINP Extend your work permit flyabroad
If Options 1, 2 or 3 are not available to you, you may be eligible to receive a 204© Letter of Support from the AINP to renew your work permit.
Renew your work permit using a 204© Letter of Support issued by the AINP at the time of nomination.
AINP nominees may be issued a 204© Letter of Support at the time of nomination if they have a current, valid work permit that expires within 6 months of the date of AINP nomination.
They must also have a genuine full-time, non-seasonal job offer from an Alberta employer and be making a wage that is high enough to attract Canadians.
If you did not receive a 204© Letter of Support when you were nominated but now need one to renew your work permit and the other options listed above are not available to you, email the AINP officer who sent your nomination package. The AINP will review your request and determine if a letter can be issued. Your email must include:
- your full name
- your AINP File Number
- an attached scanned copy of a request that IRCC has sent you asking for a 204© Letter (if applicable)
- an attached scanned copy of proof that you have submitted an application for permanent residence to IRCC (proof of payment, copy of courier slip)
- an attached scanned copy of your current job offer, including:
- your current job title
- your current salary
- the name and contact information of your current Alberta employer
- an attached scanned copy of your current work permit or other status document
The AINP will only issue one letter of support per nominee.
If you receive a written request from IRCC for a 204© Letter of Support, AINP will attempt to respond to your request by the deadline provided by IRCC. It will take 30 to 45 days to respond to your request for a 204© Letter of Support.
Applying for a new work permit with a 204© Letter of Support
- include a copy of your AINP nomination and your 204© Letter of Support
- include a copy of your Acknowledgement of Receipt from IRCC with your IRCC file number, if your AINP nomination is no longer valid when you apply
- confirm if your Alberta employer paid the employer compliance fee of $230 and has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal
More information on applying to IRCC to renew a work permit with a 204© Letter of Support can be found on the IRCC website under the section “Foreign workers nominated by a province or territory.”
The AINP is temporarily issuing 204© Letters of Support due to delays in IRCC issuing Acknowledgement of Receipts and longer than usual AINP processing times. Not all AINP nominees will receive a 204© Letter of Support and the AINP may stop issuing these letters at any time.