阿省的高等学历类型及大概学制 Alberta post-secondary credential types
学徒证书 - 阿省高等学历类别-飞出国
本科证书 - 阿省高等学历类别-飞出国
研究生证书 - 阿省高等学历类别-飞出国
- 文凭通常为1 - 2年，至少18学分
- 在1 - 2年之间，至少18学分
Post-secondary credential types - Learn about the types of academic credentials available to Alberta post-secondary students.
You receive a Journeyman Certificate when you complete an apprenticeship program.
You earn a Journeyman Certificate after you complete:
- a specific number of on-the-job training hours provided by an employer
- technical training with an approved technical training provider
- industry examinations
An apprenticeship program lasts 1 to 4 years, depending on the trade. You may also be able to use your certificate to work in other provinces. Read about apprenticeships and industry training.
Certificates offer short-term learning that prepares you for work in specific occupations. Certificates can:
- take one year or less of full-time study to complete
- need some high school studies for admission
- sometimes be transferred as earned credit or used for admission to a diploma program
Prepare you to work in a particular field or group of occupations, and
- take up to 2 years of full-time study
- may need high school completion or specific grades and subjects for admission (except in universities)
Bachelor’s degrees provide theoretical or academic learning:
- usually 4 years of full-time study, though program length can vary by program and post-secondary institution
- programs longer than 4 years often include co-op education or work study
- admission requirements vary by program, though are usually high school graduates with specific grades and subjects
- can lead to direct access to graduate studies
Bachelor’s degree programs in Alberta are offered by institutions that have received approval from the Minister responsible for advanced education (except for degrees in divinity).
Post-diploma or post-bachelor’s certificate
Some institutions offer certificate programs that require a completed diploma or degree for admission. These programs:
- vary in length
- are generally focused on increasing specialized skills
For example, some programs ask for an undergraduate degree and some work experience.
Master’s degree programs build on a student’s undergraduate or graduate degree. They:
- generally need a completed bachelor’s degree for admission
- usually involve 2 years of full-time university study
- can be either thesis or course-based
When you pursue a doctoral degree, you plan and conduct research about a specific topic. These degrees:
- usually involve 2 or 3 years of full-time university study and research
- generally need a master’s degree for admission
- need you to prepare and defend a dissertation about an approved topic
Although many programs are research-based, others provide instruction in research methods to prepare students for work in a specialized field.
Graduate certificate or diploma
These programs provide graduate-level study options, without committing to a master’s program:
- certificates are generally 1 year or less, with at least 12 credits
- diplomas are usually 1-2 years, with at least 18 credits
- need a bachelor’s degree and other program-specific pre-requisites for admission
These certificates help expand your knowledge or skills within a specific discipline. They can also strengthen both your professional and research skills. These programs:
- are 1 year or less, with at least 12 credits
- generally need a master’s degree and other program-specific pre-requisites for admission
A post-master’s diploma deepens your systematic knowledge in a discipline and fosters professional development. These diplomas:
- are between 1-2 years, with at least 18 credits
- usually need a master’s degree or post-master’s certificate and other program-specific pre-requisites for admission
Post-doctoral certificate or diploma
These programs integrate advanced research competencies with professional skills or knowledge. They can also help you build leadership capacity in a specialized field of study:
- certificates are 1 year or less, with at least 12 credits
- diplomas are 1.5 years or less
- need a doctoral degree for admission
其他内容可以参考 Post-secondary program standards and oversight, Find out how Alberta’s post-secondary programs are approved and monitored for quality.