You must hold an eligible visa to apply for this visa as the primary applicant. You could meet this requirement if any of the following applies to you:
- You hold an eligible student visa (a subclass 572, 573 or 574, provided you are not
- a family member of the main visa holder of one of these visa classes
- the primary applicant who undertook a course funded by a government or multilateral agency, or course/training under a scholarship scheme or training program approved by the Foreign Minister or the Defence Minister on condition that you will leave Australia on the completion of the course.
- You have held an eligible student visa at any time in the past six months and:
- You held an eligible student visa that was cancelled, but in the past 28 days the Migration Review Tribunal has notified you of a decision to set aside and substitute the Minister’s decision.
you must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
The Australian study requirement
In the six months before you apply, you must meet the Australian study requirement. You meet this requirement if you can satisfy us that you have completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award by an Australian educational institution as a result of a course(s):
- that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- for which all instruction was conducted in English
- that were completed as a result of total of at least two academic years (92 weeks) study
- that were completed in a total of at least 16 calendar months
- that have been undertaken while you were in Australia as the holder of a visa authorising you to study.