新西兰移民监与加拿大和澳洲不太一样，一般来说申请新西兰移民可以获得居民签证，持有2年符合条件后可以申请永居居民签证（Permanent Resident Visa）这个是真正意义上的永久居民，不再受移民监限制，俗称为永久回头签。
Permanent Resident Visas
A Permanent Resident Visa is usually the next step after being granted a Resident Visa. While Resident Visas have travel conditions that only allow a person to re-enter New Zealand as a resident until a certain date, a Permanent Resident Visa allows indefinite re-entry to New Zealand.
If you were the principal applicant of the original residence application, you can obtain a Permanent Resident Visa if you:
- have held your resident visa for at least two years, and
- have met any conditions of your Resident Visa, and
- have shown a commitment to New Zealand in one of the five ways that meet our requirements.
If you’ve been a resident visa holder for 2 years or more, and can show a commitment to living in New Zealand you can apply for a Permanent Resident Visa. Once granted, you can live and work in New Zealand permanently and come and go from New Zealand without travel conditions.
With this Permanent Resident Visa you can
- Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Travel to and from New Zealand any time you like.
- Include your partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under, in your visa application - if you included them in your original residence application.