This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the [type] class.
Please note that in order to determine your application, you are required to attend an interview at the Visa Office of the Consulate General of Canada in [Where].
Only you, the principal applicant, are required to attend the interview. Your interview is scheduled for:
Interview [office] [time] [uci] [name] [DOB]
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1..You must attend the interview as scheduled because it will not be deferred by this office except in limited extenuating circumstances supported by credible objective evidence. This means that failure to attend the scheduled interview will result in the application being assessed based on the documentary evidence on file. Such an assessment will likely result in the refusal of the application because the applicant will have failed to permit a visa officer to examine the applicant in person against the documentary evidence on the application.
2..You must be prepared at interview to demonstrate that you comply with the selection criteria applicable to the [xxx] class, including the ability to become economically established in Canada. You are therefore required to bring with you:
- All additional documentation that establishes your stated work and education histories, as well as your abilities in either of Canada’s official languages (English or French). - If you have an offer of employment in Canada, you must provide an updated copy of this offer.
- Any other documentation you feel supports your ability to become economically established in Canada.
- Original passports for you and all accompanying family members (if applicable).
- Three (3) passport-size photos of you and your accompanying dependants that meet these specifications.
- Hukou (household register) for you and all family members – this must be accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
Please note that you will not be granted additional time after the interview to present fresh documentary evidence.
If you have been requested to provide forms, click here. For information regarding police certificates, click here, and for fee payment information click here.
3..Note that your abilities in English or French will form part of an assessment of your ability to become economically established in Canada.
4..On the date of the interview, you are to report to the Consulate General of Canada in [where]. You must hold a copy of this letter, as you will be asked to present this to the receptionist. When your ticket number is called, you will be asked to present your passport and [other] (if applicable) to the visa officer conducting the interview to demonstrate your identity.
5..Please note that if the [xxx] issues .... , the Consulate General of Canada will be closed and your interview will be re-scheduled.