阿省雇主推动项目定居计划(Employer-Driven Settlement & Retention Plan) - 飞出国
This form is designed to help employers develop and document a settlement and retention plan for workers arriving from other countries.
Workers will receive health care coverage from the date they arrive in Alberta as long as they apply within three months of their arrival and meet Alberta Health Care’s requirements. For workers not eligible, employers should explore private medical insurance plans.
- 近12个月内，公司有没有参加过工资补贴项目（如 Work-Sharing Program），或者打算参加；
- Are you providing accommodations for your foreign workers? o Yes o No (go to question 2) If yes, provide information for the place of residence
- If you are not providing accommodation, how are you helping your foreign workers find reasonable housing?
- How have you formally assessed your foreign worker’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in English proficiently? (for more details about language ability, see Semi-Skilled Worker Category – Language Criteria)
- Have you arranged for your foreign workers to attend English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction? Visit www.tesl.ca to find out more about certified ESL instructors. If yes, answer the applicable questions and include a copy of the Candidate’s registration(s) for program(s). If no, explain why there is no ESL instruction:
- What information/resources/support will you provide to your foreign workers for each of the following:
- Transportation? (i.e. getting to/from work, grocery stores and other services)
- Purchasing food/personal items?
- Accessing financial services/opening a bank account?
- Children’s school enrollment?
- Health care services?
- Other information to improve comfort and familiarity with the workplace and community?
Workers will receive health care coverage from the date they arrive in Alberta as long as they apply within three months of their arrival and meet Alberta Health Care’s requirements. For workers not eligible, employers should explore private medical insurance plans. www.health.gov.ab.ca
- How will you ensure that new foreign workers are fully aware of their workplace rights? (i.e. workplace safety and employment standards information)
- What community agencies in your area are available to help newcomers? What are you doing to ensure they have
access to these agencies?
- What type of employment benefit plan do you offer to all employees?
- What opportunities are provided to employees for training?
- What opportunities are provided to employees for career advancement?
- How are employees encouraged to maintain a work/life balance?
- How often are performance reviews conducted with employees?
- . Explain how and when an employee becomes eligible to receive an increase to their wage.
- What employee recognition practices/programs are in place? (i.e. service and/or performance based)
- What opportunities are employees given to organize and participate in various company activities? (i.e. companyBBQ’s, cultural/holiday gatherings, sports teams, etc.)
- Has your company had any layoffs within the last 12 months? If yes, list the number of layoffs, the dates they occurred, as well as how many were temporary foreign workers.
- . Has your company participated in a wage subsidy program (i.e. Work-Sharing Program) within the last 12 monthsor expect to be participating in a program?
The Work-Sharing Program is administered by Service Canada and is designed to help employers and workers avert temporary layoffs.
The program provides income support to workers eligible for Employment Insurance benefits and who are willing to work a temporary
reduced work week when there is a reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer.
- Have any of your employees previously been nominated by the AINP? o Yes o No
If yes, please provide a list of the previously nominated candidates, and their current employment status with your
company. If any nominated candidates are no longer employed with your company, please provide the reason for
separation and where they are currently live and work (if known).