证书、文凭和学位的区别 Difference Between a Certificate Diploma andDegree

证书、文凭和学位的区别

证书、文凭和学位在花费的时间以及所毕业需要的学分方面都不相同。这些学术成果适用于某些特定领域或职业目标。

单独上课的文凭和证书课程类似副学士学位课程。然而,他们花费更少的时间,因为通识教育课程是不需要的。学位课程不同于证书和文凭课程,它通常要求学生接受通识教育课程以支持更全面的教育。例如,许多大学为获得学士学位需要学习英语、数学、科学、哲学和历史课程。

What Is the Difference Between a Certificate, Diploma and Degree?

Certificates, diplomas and degrees differ in the time it takes to earn each, as well as the credits required in order to graduate. Each of these academic achievements are suitable for certain specific fields or career goals.

Diploma and certificate programs taken alone are similar to associate’s degree programs. However, they take less time because general education courses are not required. A degree program differs from certificates and diploma programs in that it often requires the student to take general education courses to support a more rounded education. For instance, at many universities, those earning their bachelor’s degree are required to take English, math, science, philosophy and history.

证书课程

学生在一个特定专业学习了一系列的课程之后活得证书。学生通常在感兴趣的专业领域更进一步时获得证书,在类似的可以获得学位的课程也可以活得证书。例如,在商业、文学和技术领域都有证书。一些技术课程可能也需要证书。

研究生证书可以单独获取或者和研究生学位一起获得。一些课程里,学生可以通过选修获取证书使自己更符合潜在雇主的要求。

Certificate Programs

A certificate is earned by a student after taking a series of courses in a particular subject. Students often earn certificates to get a step ahead in the professional field of their interest, and certificates may be offered in similar programs leading to degrees. For instance, there are certificates in business, literature and technical fields. In some technical programs, a certificate may be required.

There are also graduate certificates, often taken either alone or alongside a graduate degree program. In some programs, the student may use his or her electives to fulfill a certificate in order to make him or herself more desirable to a potential employer.

文凭课程

文凭类似于证书,通常文凭由社区或技术学校授予。例如,护理文凭可以作为副学士学位或学士学位替代。这类文凭课程只在医院包含训练的专业课程里提供。

Diploma Programs

Diplomas are similar to certificates, and they’re often awarded through community or technical schools. For instance, a diploma of nursing is offered as an alternative to an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree. This diploma program is only offered at hospitals with specialty programs that provide training.

学位课程
可以获得多种水平的学术学位,包括副学士(两年);学士学位(四年);硕士学位(学士学位的基础上再加两年);博士,硕士学位的基础上再加几年的学习。

获得学位位学生获得了比证书和文凭更多的潜在机会。许多职业要求申请人至少是学士学位;一些职业选择需要比这更高的学位。

Degree Programs

An academic degree can be earned at many levels, including the associate’s (two years); bachelor’s (four years); master’s (two years beyond a bachelor’s degree); and doctoral, which is several years beyond a master’s degree.

Earning a degree also opens up more potential doors to the student than would a certificate or diploma. Many careers require that the applicant has earned at least a bachelor’s degree; several career options require more than this.

文凭和证书的差异

教育有三个层次,小学、中学和高等教育。高等教育是由私人和公共机构提供。省级或者地区政府给予这些机构授予学历证明的权利。

如果你继续接受高等教育,课程学习结束时会获得文凭或证书。

What is the difference between a diploma and a certificate?

Education has three tiers, elementary, secondary and post secondary. Post secondary schooling is provided by both private and public institutions. They have been given the authority to grant academic credentials by their provincial or territorial governments.

If you are going to attend post-secondary education you will be receiving a diploma or certificate at the end of your program of study.

文凭主要由大学提供。通常需要批准的培训学院或者大学的至少两年的学习。

证书课程通常由学院或者技术学院提供。课程更短、更集中。学校通常采用小的班级规模和亲身实践经验。

根据您所选择的职业,你可能需要获得大学学历。大学学历分为三个连续的级别 - 学士学位、硕士学位和博士学位。通常情况下要获取更高级别的批准前需要完成比其低一水平的学习。

| 学士学位 | 通常要求三年或者四年的全日制学习 |
| 硕士学位 | 通常要求获得一般或者荣誉学士学位之后的两年的学习。|
| 博士学位 | 通常要求至少三年的学习和研究,包括完成论文。博士学位通常被称为PhD。|

Diplomas are primarily offered by Universities. They usually require a minimum of two years of study that has been approved by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.

Certificate Programs are often offered by Colleges and technical institutes. The programs tend to be shorter and more intensive. They often provide smaller class sizes and hands on learning experience.

Depending on your chosen career you may be required to get a University degree. University degrees are offered at three successive levels – bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral. Most times you must complete the lower level before being granted permission into the next.

| Bachelor’s degree | Normally require three or four years of full-time study |
| Master’s degree | Normally requires two years of study after completion of either a general or an honors’ Bachelor’s degree. |
| Doctoral degree | Usually requires a minimum of three years of study and research, including the completion of a dissertation. The degree is generally known as a PhD. |

选择高等教育要考虑多种因素。考虑回答以下问题:

• 你对什么感兴趣? 你当前有什么可以扩展的技能?
  • 对你所感兴趣的领域,行业内要求什么类型的培训、什么水平的教育?是否需要学位、文凭、专业培训课程的证以及认证卡?
  • 所选领域的就业机会如何?
  • 你是什么类型的学习者? 你是动手学习者吗?
  • 你在什么样的环境中可以最好地学习?大的人群环境或者小一点的个人环境?
  • 你期待什么样的时间结构?你可以为你的学习投资多少?
  • 你所选择的教育培训是否符合行业要求?雇主需要你具备什么?

关于你的高等教育,高校网站可以为你提供信息,帮助你作出决定。网站提供关于工作、求职技巧、教育选择以及资金选择的信息。

When choosing your post-secondary education path there are many factors to think about. Considering answering the following questions:

• What interests you? What current skills do you have that you can expand on?
  • What is the type of training or level of education required by the industry to work in my field of interest? Will I need a degree? A diploma? Or a specialized training program that will provide me with a certificate and wallet cards?
  • Are there employment opportunities in my chosen field?
  • What type of learner am I? Am I a hands-on-learner?
  • What type of environment do I learn best in? A large group environment or in a smaller move individualized setting?
  • What time frame am I looking at? How much money can I invest in my education?
  • Will the educational training I have chosen meet the credentials of the industry? What are employers looking for?

The Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities web site offers information to help you make decisions regarding your post-secondary education. The site offers information regarding jobs, job search skills, education options as well as funding options.

http://study.com/articles/What_is_the_Difference_Between_a_Certificate_Diploma_and_Degree.html

以上内容由 FLYabroadStudy.com 根据最新权威信息整理完成。

1 个赞