- Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for Cartographers and Surveyors is expected to be below average (between 5,001 and 10,000). Job openings count both employment growth and turnover (defined as workers leaving their occupation for other employment or leaving the workforce). Further information about job openings and projected employment growth is available on the Help page.
- Employment for this occupation rose slightly in the past five years, remained relatively steady in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Cartographers and Surveyors to November 2019 is expected to grow strongly.
- This is a medium sized occupation (12,300 in November 2014) suggesting that opportunities may be limited in some regions.
- Cartographers and Surveyors have a high proportion of full-time jobs (87.6 per cent). For Cartographers and Surveyors working full-time, average weekly hours are 41.2 (compared to 40.9 for all occupations) and earnings are above average - in the seventh decile. Unemployment for Cartographers and Surveyors is below average.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Cartographers and Surveyors is Bachelor degree (33.9 per cent).
- Cartographers and Surveyors are mainly employed in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services, Public Administration and Safety and Mining.
These data show 9 key indicators for this occupation - employment size, full-time share of employment, earnings, unemployment, historical employment growth (long-term, medium term and short-term), future employment growth, mix of industries and job openings. Estimates have been rounded and consequently some discrepancies may occur between sums of the component items and totals.
2322 Job Prospects
2322 职业统计数据 Statistics
- 周薪（税前）Weekly Earnings (before tax)
- 就业水平 Employment Level (thousands)
- 增长比例 Recent Job Growth (per cent)
- 按性别计算就业增长 Employment Growth by Gender (thousands)
- 性别比例 Gender (per cent share)
- 周工作小时数 Weekly Hours Worked
- 年龄 Age Profile (per cent share)
- 各州就业比例 Employment by State and Territory (per cent share)
- 所在行业 Main Employing Industries (per cent share)
- 教育程度 Educational Attainment (per cent of employment)
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 joboutlook.gov.au