252299A 收入图示（Earnings） - 飞出国
252299A 职业全职从业者税前周薪比例（Income Range Per Week - Before tax）
252299A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
数据来源： abs.gov.au 及 myfuture.edu.au
What’s it like to be a Music Therapist?
Music therapists provide therapeutic programmes through the planned and
controlled use of music to help people of all ages, including those with
special needs because of social, emotional, psychiatric, physical or
Music therapists require a large repertoire of popular songs relevant to all
age groups, and the ability to explore, interpret and develop the creative use
of sound. Music therapists work with children and adults in individual and
How much can I expect to earn?
Earnings data based on the Employee Earnings, Benefits and Trade Union
Membership survey by the Australian Bureau of Statistics is either unavailable
or unpublishable (typically for privacy reasons).
- an appreciation for a wide range of music styles
- high level of musical ability
- able to respect and relate to people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
This job also involves:
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
Reading or writing
These jobs require moderate or better reading and writing skills. Workers may
be expected to prepare, understand or act on written materials, such as
letters or reports. People may wish to avoid these jobs if their reading or
writing English skills are limited to a small range of words or phrases and
symbols. Jobs remaining may still require very basic reading or writing
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Para Professional Jobs
Jobs in this group usually require completion of secondary education and/or
completion of some further study of a vocational nature, such as a Diploma or
an Advanced Diploma.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of the PERFORMING ARTS provide a
useful background to these jobs. In some cases a performing arts subject is a
pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of a Music Therapist
Music therapists may perform the following tasks:
- assess individuals and groups to identify abilities and needs, and develop objectives that address client’s needs
- plan and carry out specific music-making activities to address the client’s needs and concerns, such as singing, moving to music, reflective music listening, playing music, music and drama, improvisation, song writing and other creative activities
- assess, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the musical and therapeutic interactions.