225499A 职业全职与兼职从业者税前周薪比较（Income Based On Employment Status Per Week - Before tax）
What’s it like to be a Technical Sales Representative?
Technical sales representatives represent companies in selling a range of
industrial, technical, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to
industrial, commercial, retail, professional, health or other establishments.
Technical sales representatives work in offices (including within their own
homes or at clients’ premises) and on the road. They spend a lot of their time
travelling throughout their sales territory. The hours of work are long and
irregular, and representatives may be paid on a commission basis. There are
times when technical sales representatives work under considerable pressure.
Meeting sales targets and budgets can be stressful.
How much can I expect to earn?
Full-time employed Technical Sales Representative earn an average of $1474 per
week. The [average annual salary for this job is $76648 excluding super.]
- enjoy working with people
- friendly and confident manner
- excellent communication skills
- good negotiation, presentation and selling skills
- able to work without direct supervision
- neat personal presentation
- able to develop and maintain up-to-date product knowledge.
This job also involves:
Driving or piloting a powered vehicle on road, rail, water or in the air is an
essential or usual requirement of these jobs. Vehicles include cars, buses,
aeroplanes, trucks, forklifts, ships, boats, etc.
Mainly indoor work
Workers performing these jobs would usually be expected to spend more than
three-quarters of their day indoors, in an office, factory or other enclosed
area protected from the weather.
This occupation offers jobs at the following skill levels:
Para Professional Jobs
Jobs in this group usually require completion of secondary education and/or
completion of some further study of a vocational nature, such as a Diploma or
an Advanced Diploma.
Jobs in this group usually require completion of a recognised Bachelor Degree,
or extensive relevant experience. Some jobs also require post-graduate study,
such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Degree.
At school, you can study these subject(s) to get a good foundation for this
School subjects that include some aspect of English provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases an English-related subject is a pre-
requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
School subjects that include some aspect of INDUSTRIAL ARTS provide a useful
background to these jobs. In some cases an industrial arts-related subject is
a pre-requisite for entry to courses that provide the training for the job.
Duties and tasks of a Technical Sales Representative
Technical sales representatives may perform the following tasks:
- analyse the market, using trade directories and other sources, and put together lists of possible customers to use in actively acquiring new accounts
- keep up to date with the organisation’s products and those of competitors
- work out customers’ needs and explain and demonstrate products or services to them
- negotiate prices, provide quotes and record orders
- arrange for the delivery of goods, installation of equipment or provision of services maintain customer relations and provide informed technical advice
- report to sales management on sales made, the marketability of products and customer feedback plan and participate in exhibitions and trade shows
- contribute to sales planning and strategy development.
Technical Sales Representative - Medical and Pharmaceutical Products
A technical sales representative (medical and pharmaceutical products) sells
medical, dental or veterinary equipment and supplies or pharmaceutical
Technical Sales Representative - Industrial Products
A technical sales representative (industrial products) sells a range of
specialised chemicals, machinery, manufacturing materials or other industrial
Technical Sales Representative - Information and Communication Products
A technical sales representative (information and communication products)
sells information and communication equipment, systems and solutions to